What Exactly is the Collector's Club?
The Art Elevator Collector's Club is an online educational community for students pursuing careers in the arts. Inspired by fantasy football, this experiential learning program is rooted in a spirit of fun.
Collector's Club student members get to build fantasy art collections while they learn about art and insider tips about collecting from top industry experts.
In the Collector's Club you will receive these benefits and more:
- Open dialog with art world professionals
- Breaking down barriers between artists and collectors
- Experience-based perspectives from art professionals
- Exposure to a wide range of art styles with guest curation and presentations from subject matter experts
- Understanding of different jobs that are out there as possible careers in the art world
- Creative exploration through a virtual collecting experience and building muscle memory for direct creative expression through the Creator Playshop
- Learning the ins and outs of collecting in a risk-free environment, including subjects like provenance, restitution, forensics, color, and how concepts are expressed through different material mediums and techniques
- Introductions to guest speakers who represent a range of different positions in the art world, giving you a diverse deep dive and exposure into the day-to-day of many and varied art professionals
- Confidence through exposure to many varied conversations and perspectives in the art world
- A deep awareness of real-life scenarios and current events in the art world
By joining the Art Elevator Membership Program, your university will showcase its dedication to providing a comprehensive education and help students thrive in a diverse and dynamic world.
“The Art Elevator Collector's Club is the perfect way to enjoy the process of collecting fine art, while learning about the different career possibilities within the fine art world. This student program encourages deeper levels of learning about art history while honing students' taste for visual and material culture. Additionally, The Art Elevator Collector’s Club fine art resources are unparalleled.
Max Avi Kaplan
Adjunct Faculty, Gallatin School of Individualized Study at New York University
MFA School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
MA NYU Steinhardt, Department of Art and Art Professions